Introduction to Gate 2016- Overview ,How to Apply,GATE Eligibility Criteria,Exam Pattern
Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE 2016) is an National level test conducted for testing the aptitude and core subject knowledge of the candidates in the subjects of Engineering, Architecture and PG subjects of Applied sciences etc. The candidates studying in the final year or passed engineering or Master of Science courses are eligible to sit in the GATE 2016 examination conducted by the joint committee of IIT’s and IISc. The GATE scores is used for admission to PG programmers in the field of Engineering (i.e. M.E/M.Tech and direct PhD) in IIT’s, IISc and various other government and private institution located across the country. The GATE score is also used by various private and Public sector companies for screening candidates for employment purposes.
Overview of GATE 2016
The GATE 2016 will jointly administered by the IISc and seven IIT’s namely Mumbai, Delhi, Kanpur, Roorkee, Madras, Kharagpur, Guwahati. The GATE organizing institute will be responsible for end to end process and making coordination among the other administering institutes. The candidates who qualify the GATE exam and pursue the Masters programs and direct doctoral programs in Engineering, Technology, Architecture and doctoral programs will be given financial assistance by MHRD, government of India. Here in this article we will discuss complete details regarding GATE 2016, application procedure for the GATE exam, GATE exam Pattern, Eligibility criteria and process of selection.
GATE 2016 Application Form
The application for the GATE 2016 will be done through online mode only, the candidate have to fill the application forms by accessing the zonal GATE websites of IISc or any of the other seven IIT’s. The candidates have to upload their signatures, photographs, category certificate, and all other necessary certificate like degree certificate must be uploaded as mentioned in the GATE 2016 notification.
The candidates are also informed that the GATE application form hasn’t been declared yet, but as soon as we will get any update regarding GATE exam 2016 we will update all the information in this website.
GATE Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should have complete B.E/B.Tech/B.Arch/B.Pharm from a recognized university.
- The candidates should have completed master’s degree in any branch of Science/Mathematics/Statistics/Computer or equivalent.
- The candidate having Bachelor’s degree in science (B.Sc research/B.S post diploma or 4 years after 12th) are also eligible to apply.
- The candidates should have completed integrated M.Sc or five year integrated B.S. – M.S program.
- The candidates who have passed the above listed qualifying examination, they have to submit their degree certificate or provisional certificate of the completion of the course.
- The candidates should have completed integrated M.E/M.Tech after B.Sc are also eligible to apply for GATE 2016.
- All the candidates studying in the final year of the qualifying examination are also eligible to apply for GATE 2016, provided that they have to submit the certificate from the Principal of the college or university.
GATE Exam 2016 Key Features
- The GATE 2016 will be held online through a Computer Based Test (CBT), there will be 22 papers in the GATE 2016 examinations, and the candidate has to apply for one paper out of 22 as per the subjects in qualifying examinations.
- The entire process of GATE 2016 will be online, i.e. starting from the filling of application form online, uploading of all necessary certificates and documents, download of admit card and final conduction of examination through CBT.
- The candidates have to submit the application fees through online mode, by using different channels of fee payment as per the convenience of the students; these include Net Banking, Debit/Credit card, and e-Challan.
- GATE 2016 examinations will be held from last week of January 2016 to 3rd week of February 2016, during forenoon and afternoon session on Saturday and Sundays of the alternative weekends. The complete examination schedule will be notified to the candidates as soon as any official information will be available.
- The GATE admit card and result will be announced in the GATE 2016 official website, candidate must note that no hard copy of admit card and score card will be send to the candidates.
How to Apply?
Here we have discussed complete application procedure of the GATE 2016 examination. Candidates are advised to read all the points carefully for successfully filling the application form.
The candidates have to apply online through an online interface known as GATE online application processing system (GOAPS). The GOAPS interface will used throughout the GATE exam 2016 and will help students in the following:
- Applying for the examination online.
- Uploading Photographs, signature and other necessary documents
- Application fees payment through net banking, credit/debit card, e-challan.
- Checking the status of application
- Contact to the zonal GATE offices for any queries.
- Checking Admit card and scorecard of the candidates.
- The candidates have to access the GOAPS website from the website of the GATE zonal offices and also from GATE 2016 organizing institute.
- The candidates have to register by entering their details and valid mail id and phone number, since all the communication will be made through mail and phone no.
- After successful registration GOAPS enrollment ID will be sent to the candidates to their mail id, The candidates must remember the enrollment ID and GOAPS password for further refrences.
- Now the candidate have to apply online for GATE 2016 using GOAPS enrollment ID and password, the candidates have to enter the following details:
- Personal information of the candidates that includes their name, date of birth, your personal mobile number, parent’s name and mobile no.
- Address of the student
- Eligibility qualification
- Good quality photographs and signatures as per the specifications.
- Scanned copies of all the mandatory document.
- Detail of the valid ID proof that the candidates have to take to the examination hall.
After successful payment of the fees, the candidate will be redirected to the confirmation page, candidate may wish to take the printout of the final confirmation page for future refrences.
GATE Exam Pattern
The candidates, who are appearing in the GATE exam 2016, must check the GATE exam pattern to know about the no. questions, marking schemes, important section in the GATE 2015 question paper. Here we have discussed complete pattern of the GATE exam 2016.
The question paper will comprises of total of 65 questions, for the total of 100 marks, out of 65 questions 55 question are based on the core subjects and engineering mathematics carrying 85 marks and the rest 10 questions will be from general aptitude which is a compulsory section carrying 15 marks.
The GATE question paper will comprises of two types of question as mentioned below:
Multiple Choice Questions (MCQ)
The multiple choice questions will carry 1 or 2 marks, these questions will have 4 alternatives for every question, and the candidates will have to answer only one correct response.
Numerical Answer Questions
They will carry 1 or 2 marks in each section of the question papers, the answer of these question will have to be entered by the candidate by using the virtual keypad.
There will no choices available for these questions.
GATE Admit Card
- The candidates who have applied for the GATE 2016 exam, can check their admit card from the official website of GATE 2016. The admit card for the GATE 2016 examinations will be released online from 2nd week of December, 2016. The candidates have to login to the GOAPS by using their enrollment ID and email address.
- The GATE admit card will contain the details like student roll no., name, date, centre of examination and examination schedule along with other necessary instructions for the candidates appearing in the GATE 2016 exam.
- The candidates have to bring the GATE Admit card along with the valid Photo ID proof to enter in the examination hall.
The GATE result 2016 will be announced in the official website of GATE 2016, candidates can check their result in the 2nd week of March, 2016. The candidates must note that the exact result declaration date hasn’t been declared by the official yet, so we will update the article as soon as any official information will be available.
GATE Score Card
The Scorecard for the GATE 2016 examination can be downloaded after some days of the declaration of the result. The candidates can download the GATE scorecard by accessing the zonal websites from where they have applied for the GATE exam, the scorecard can be downloaded by entering the enrollment Id and password of the candidates.
For any queries regarding GATE 2016, feel free to leave your comments below.