Design And Fabrication Of Industrial Conveyor Using Four Bar Mechanism
All the factories try to reduce the time taken for an operation and also the running cost of the machineries. The commonly used mode of material transport used is conveyers, which is continuous. So it cannot be used to the assembly process effectively.
So we propose a project to provide adequate time for the operation without disturbing the flow of materials.
We have to fabricate this model of project using four bar mechanism which is used for timing transport system.
In a continuous assembly factory, there is a need to transfer materials or on process jobs form one working station to the other.
In this process, the movement of job from one station to another is accomplished by a belt conveyor system. This system uses an electric drive which is continuous. But it is simultaneously work system which is work time based and alternate transaction system.
So the operator does not get sufficient time to complete the operation. Thus the jobs are usually picked and placed on to the work station and the job is processed. This is a tiring and a time consuming job. Also for heavy materials, a separate setup is required for the pick and place operation.
Drawbacks of existing system
This project proposes the model of a timed transport mechanism. This system uses kinematic linkages for timing the transportation.
• This system uses a four bar mechanism, that follows a coupler curve.
• It has a greater advantage than the existing system of transport of work piece in a factory.
• The materials are transferred from one work station to another at a specific time interval, which is based on the movement of the linkages.
• Electronic control is not required
• The time required for assembly is greatly reduced.
• The extra work needed to transfer the work piece from the main transport system to a work station is eliminated.
• The efficiency of the system is higher as number of friction parts is lesser.
• The timing of the system can be easily varied based on the application.