Foot Path Electricity Generation System Mechanical Project
Foot Path Electricity Generation System
There are various ways of electricity generation. These days new ways are being thought out of generating electricity because of ever increasing energy demands. One of the possible ways of generation of electricity may be using human weight like wise incorporating a device that may be termed as footstep electricity generator in way of mass transit of pedestrians that generates electricity when receives weight from a person stepping on it. The arrangement of array of such devices will make a footpath generate electricity.
In its simple but effective construction this project consists of a frame work that incorporates a spring loaded pressure plate and a mechanism to convert reciprocator motion into circular one and set of generator.
The pressure plate that receives weight from pedestrians is retractable within the bracket cavity up to few centimeters as being spring loaded. Whenever any pedestrian passes over this pressure plate due to the weight of pedestrian the same get depressed within the bracket cavity and the linear motion created because of depression of the pressure plate is transferred to a mechanical link. The linear motion thus achieved in said link, thereafter is transferred to mechanism where it is converted into circular. This circular motion thus achieved is then transmitted to flywheel where the motion i.e. mechanical energy is saved and released as per requirement. This flywheel is connected to a DC generator which converts the mechanical energy into electrical energy. This electrical energy then can be used to charge a battery using a charging circuit. From the battery the electrical energy can further be used for much application like providing electricity in local area.
|Foot path Electricity Generation System|
As far as the actual project work is concerned this includes building an actual scale working prototype generating electricity ranging from 1.5 volt to 12 volt DC the current capacity and the voltage generation depends on the scale of model thereby the end application to be run there after depend on the voltage and current generated.
Related: 1) ROAD POWER GENERATION (RPG) BY SLIDING MECHANISM
2) Electricity Generation By Foot Steps (Staircase) -Regenerative Mechanical Project
3) Power Generation Using Speed Breaker with Help of Rack and Pinion Mechanism
4) Power Generation using speed breaker with help Of Spring Mechanism
Characteristic points of foot path electricity generation system ·
- Pollution free electricity generation
- Simple mechanism
- Easy for installation
- Works only when any pedestrian passes over the device
- Thus intermittent power generation
- This power can be stored in battery array so as to use it further
- This can be done using battery charging circuits and inverter circuits
- Can be installed at various roads, toll booths etc.
- Can be of very use to provide electricity in local area
- Easy for maintenance
- Can be couple to main grid in big cities wherein probable installation places are abundant
Material used in project work
- Steel Frame
- MDF (Medium Density Fibrecore Hardwood Plywood)
- Aluminum Rods
- Aluminum Pipe
- Springs / Rubbers
- Rubber Bushes
- Generator cum Motor
- Nut and Bolts
- Washers etc